Tuesday, June 14, 2005

All things Korean (and some irreverance)

There's serious work to be done but somehow, I'm having a bad case of work avoidance.

After being addicted to this brilliant Korean drama, Jewel in the Palace (DaeJangGeum), I have joined the ranks of Korean soap opera fans everywhere. Actually, probably have not really become a Korean soap opera fan. Just a DaeJangGeum fan. Probably the numerous cooking sequences in the show are what hooked me but the show is also well made (okay, I have nitpicks on the plot, and nitpicks on the ending but all part of the hazards of being a scriptwriter). Korean food - I think its time to trawl one out in KL. I remember one we used to go to when I was a kid (still alive, I think - at Life Center). Time to find another one - the food looks interesting on the show (although, far too many steamboats for my liking).

Got the DaeJangGeum soundtrack - definitely prefer the original Korean to the Kelly Chen version. I am inspired!

No comments: