Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oriels is GONE! Changes afoot at Bangsar Village?

Sitting in Starbucks, I notice that Oriels is now no longer there.

A white fit-out works plywood cover stands in it's place.

Renovations perhaps? I received lots of comments, some good some bad, about the new place.
I never got a chance to try the cakes and frankly, I absolutely did not really feel a compelling need to.

They looked like knock-offs of Bakerzin cakes, and lacked the finesse and finish of the Bakerzin cakes.

But I suppose if Oriels re-opens in BSV, I will make it a point at some time to try one of the cakes. Then weigh in my opinion.

UPDATE: Oriels is still open at 1 Utama so that seems to lean heavily towards Oriels BSV being under reno.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

On Monday, I was surprised to find out that Oriels is gone. We were there first time last Sunday for tea break to try their cakes but ended up with spaghetti and cakes. The foods were yummy yummy.