Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reason #25342 to diet: mooncakes

It's that time of the year again - yes, mooncakes galore.

Cruised past the display at Midvalley today and noticed someone offering a ginseng chicken floss mooncake.

I cannot be sure if it is gross, a potential winner or beyond comprehension, food flavours wise. (still rolling it around my head).

Although, I did try the same company's Tiramisu and Black Forest mooncakes last year and was pleasantly surprised. Admittedly, it was hardly a quality product (I'm sure there were a lot of Es and Cs at work to produce those flavours. If you don't know what I'm talking about, try the last chapter of Fast Food Nation).

The KL Hilton's Chynna Restaurant has an exotic interesting offering this year - the Blue Mooncake. It has a blue skin and blueberry cheese filling. Sounds Vulcan (but interesting nonetheless.)




Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: