Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where's the Beef, Carl?


What is it with Carl's Jnr and their beef supply seriously?

I've been to the place TWICE in the last two weeks and have walked up to the counter only to be told that they do not have any beef and it's only chicken burgers. Seriously, who the hell eats a CHICKEN Famous Star burger? Get real.

How on earth can you run a burger business and not have beef? How can a company screw up their beef supply chain to this extent that they don't get a regular beef delivery? Do I have to resort to doing what these three old dears are doing in order to get a beef burger at Carl's Jnr?



Of late, I have also noticed the quality and standard of their french fries has seriously dropped. The last time I ate at Carls Jnr MidValley, the fries were soggy and tasted like they had sat on the countertop for far too long. And don't get me started on how there don't seem to be enough staff and so the tabletops are always dirty. If I'm paying 10 bucks for my burger, I expect someone to frickin wipe the tabletops and clear the garbage.

In shocking contrast, I had a burger at McDonalds last week over lunch and the fries were crisp and the patty was hot and actually didn't taste like cardboard (which it did the last last last time I ate at McDonalds in SS2).

And I've got to say, the burgers at Wendy's are actually pretty good.

Where's the Beef, Carl?

No comments: