Wednesday, June 22, 2005

1am Irreverance....(and late night stomach rumblings)

I remember many moons ago, when I was on a fitness trainer imposed diet, late nights working thinking about food invariably led to reading recipe books. It works for some of us...

A little irreverence appetiser I think to start off the late night ramblings (yes, my stomach is rumbling too)

Sunday on Father's Day went to Paddington House of Pancakes in the Curve. I must admit, I was apprehensive about the food. I went there once and thought, so so. In fact, I thought they were a) overambitious with their menu and b) honestly, pancakes and half the stuff in there wouldn't work.

I have been proven wrong. (there was an Alas before the sentence, but then I realised, hmm, not quite the right context)

Surprisingly, a lot of the ideas in there, actually execute well (hmm, critics can be their own, worse, critic). Try the Sloppy Joe (okay, a weird way to eat waffles, and I must admit to being a bit of a purist) but quite good. Blinis with mashed potatos, salami and chives was good too (can't remember the number but the description is about right). Warrants visiting again but I think in hindsight, the mistake also was to go by myself. This is the sort of place to take the brood to, for Sunday lunch, at a long table, with everyone having a nibble of everything.

I've recently added to my condemn list Oh Sushi in MidValley. Once the place for decently priced (Chinese palate friendly) Japanese food and a decently priced bento, it is now the home of limp tempura bento, bad service and lifeless sushi, despite the redecorated appearance.

How does a restaurant qualify for the condemn list...sounds like material for another late night ramble...

No comments: