Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day 9: Not feeling so tough...

I see it....

THE LIGHT....THE LIGHT...

Okay, so Day 9 went by pretty uneventfully except for the niggling feeling that perhaps the exercise was becoming too much in the morning.

My usual 8am tennis session was exhausting and felt like I was trying out for the Marines. It was a really good workout but I was puzzled by why I was feeling quite so winded easily (the rallies were getting longer but...) and my legs felt like lead.

This was making me feel increasingly like perhaps taking a break from the exercise regime (Day 10 would have been another killer 2 hour session) might be the key.

To make things worse, I decided to torment myself by looking at the website of Cold Stone Creameries. I have heard of this company before but I have never tasted their stuff because it's a uniquely American franchise. I looked it up because obviously, a) I am a sadist b) food-sessing (as my friend calls it when I talk about food) has been helpful in getting through these last 2-3 'hill days' c) Mr Kirsch mentioned it in the same breath as one of the loves of my life: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - it must be tasty in some way!

Boy, does their ice cream look so goood....

Thursday is starting to feel more and more like a sleep-in day.

No comments: