Friday, December 08, 2006

Return of the Supermarket Addict
















Found a new supermarket in HK to trawl although I must admit, 360 is not as fun as Olivers. They apparently belong to the same owner but I think my taste runs more in the direction of Olivers and CitySuper - 360 is the brand new as organic as it gets supermarket at Landmark in Central, HK.

Okay, I admit, it would be nice to be able to go totally organik but I'm not sure how many wallets would be able to tolerate that. There is in my most humble gastronomic opinion, a line to be drawn - fresh produce being organik is great but do I want to go as far as say, going organik right down to my car wash, washing up liquid and chocolate chip cookies? (although alledgedly they taste better - the cookies!)

Still I suppose one shouldn't poo-pooh the organic revolution - it is a worthy cause, a good cause and a healthier option food wise. And no doubt the people behind 360 did their market research before committed to the gigantic venture (rent in that place notwithstanding)...

Perhaps another trawl would be merited...

No comments: