Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 38: Feeling the pressure

According to my trusty Microsoft Excel sheet, I have done 38 days on Mr Kirsch's NaZi diet AKA Phase 1. Okay, there were 5 days that conveniently disappeared down the Diet Wormhole (they were doughnut and other bad carb days that are best...not discussed at this point).

Today, will be Day 9, of Round 3. 5 more days to go.

And a bit like my experience in Round 1 (which seems like eons ago), I'm starting to feel the irritation creep in. My mind is playing the same numbers trick on me: why not just go for 10 days and be done with it?

Making the transition to Phase 2 (when 1 carb meal a day is permitted, out of 5 meals you're supposed to eat) has been a mixed bag. When I did transition, I did it with banned food (doughnuts yeah!) and sometimes, I over-did the transition (more than 1 carb meal!). I'm already thinking of cutting back on the length of Phase 2 (mandated 2 weeks) and Phase 3 (Mandated 4 weeks) - in short, I would just rather get back on with life, new jeans not withstanding.

Rigorous planning and religious obsession seems to be the way forward. That's how I survived the first 14 days - obsessing over my microsoft excel sheets with my diet details and shopping requirements scrupulously documented. I got lazy after a while and stopped keeping stats of my budget and planning my meals as religiously. Life, I suppose, got in the way.

Depending on how gung-ho/fired up I feel, I might stick it out to 14. But somehow, I think when 10 beckons, I'll be on Phase 2 and drinking blueberry and banana smoothies, and eating sandwiches...BREAD glorious bread!

No comments: